What is Mold Fungus Allergy? What are the signs for Mold Fungus Allergy? What are the reason for it? How can Mold Fungus Allergy be treated?

What is Mold Fungus Allergy?

Mold fungi generally prefer moist, dark environments that do not see the sun to reproduce. Allergy causing molds are small particles called spores that enter the body through the respiratory system. The spores multiply in moist and nutritious environments and form mold fungi. Molds that cause allergic reactions can be found in all seasons and in all environments. It has a free smell. If you have allergies to mold, your body reacts excessively when you breathe mold spores.

Mold mushroom allergy is a type of allergy that can be seen in herbs, not due to age, gender, or racial characteristics. But it is more likely to be seen in people who live in climates or regions where the nematode is higher. It is more common in the early days of autumn. Your physical examination, blood and skin tests can be done to determine if your doctor is allergic to it.

What are the signs for Mold Fungus Allergy?

As in all other allergic species, there are a number of reactions that will disturb you, such as eyesight, nasal congestion, sneezing, coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing or irritation when breathing. The most common are allergic reactions that occur on the skin. If necessary precautions are not taken, mold mushroom allergy can turn asthma.

Other diseases that can be caused if environmental measures of mold fungus other than asthma are not taken and treated are as follows;

  • Arthritis, polyarthritis, arthrosis
  • Mucosal destruction
  • Liver destruction
  • Eye diseases
  • Shortness of breath
  • Nervous system disorders

What are the reason for Mold Fungus Allergy?

  • Towels that continue to be used in humid conditions,
  • Laundry collected from the institution, carpets
  • Air conditioning and humidifying devices
  • Good sun-free rooms, dark and damp environments such as basement or attic
  • Dustbin
  • Unventilated places such as bathrooms, toilets

How is Mold Fungus Allergy treated?

Once it is determined that you are allergic, decongestants, antihistamines, corticosteroids, montelokast and nasal sprays may be started by your doctor. Or treatments such as immunotherapy or nasal washing may be applied. But in such allergies, only medicated treatment is not possible, and the factors causing mold must be removed. Therefore, knowing what causes mold fungus and removing it from the living environment is as important as drug treatment.

The ways of protection from Mold Fungus Allergy

  • Ventilating the house on a daily basis,
  • To repair leaking faucets and water pipes,
  • Detecting problems causing nausea and having necessary isolation,
  • Do not leave the clothes in the house,
  • Wipe moldy walls with circular water,
  • Taking care to change the towels used daily,
  • Do not keep wet and wet clothes in the bathroom for a long time,
  • Avoid using carpets and furry pieces in environments such as bathrooms and toilets,
  • Wipe down the sink basin with 1/10 diluted bleach,
  • To repair walls, window edges and wall cracks,

To throw the garbage frequently without accumulating, to keep the garbage can dry.