What is Hazelnut Allergy?
Hazelnut allergy is known as dry nuts allergy. Our immune systems perceive the proteins found in some foods as harmful and cause an allergic condition when they react. This triggers the production of chemicals, such as histamine and antibodies, which can also cause symptoms of allergic reactions. If you think that you are allergic, you are definitely not recommended to consume nuts. It is observed that it is seen in 9% of children in general today. Hazelnut allergy shows the significance within 2 hours from the moment you consume it.
What are the signs for Hazelnut Allergy?
- Allergic conjunctivitis can occur in our eyes.
- Abdominal pain, nausea, gas, diarrhea and vomiting may occur.
- Cough and nasal discharge may occur.
- Swelling can occur in our lips, our teeth or our pockets.
- Ribs or eczema can occur in our skin.
- Severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) may occur.
- Apart from this, other symptoms of hazelnut allergy are eyestrain, asthma-like symptoms, abdominal cramps, bloating, throat and burning sensation.
How is Hazelnut Allergy treated?
Allergic reactions in this allergy can self-extinguish after a certain time. Acute reactions with latent anaphylaxis rarely occur. This reaction affects your whole body. It is a violent reaction that causes loss of consciousness, fainting and even death. In such a case, medical support must be obtained. With an application called epinephrine injection, the patient is trying to return to a normal life. You need to apply to hospitals to find out if you are allergic. You can find out if you are allergic to certain tests. Hazelnut allergy treatment for you to eat hazelnut absolutely will benefit you. Chocolates containing hazelnut, wet cake, waffles and biscuits are among the foods that you can touch.