Cystic acne is the severest form of acne and is hard to control. It can have big emotional costs and unpleasant long-term consequences. If there are bumps under your skin, say on your face or shoulders, then you could have cystic acne. If you owe it to yourself to find a cure then read on.
Cystic acne sometimes flares up when blocked oil glands in the skin burst. Bacteria in the pus seep into the surrounding tissue and breed rapidly. More pus is produced as the infection spreads and quickly forms into cysts, which are usually found in the deepest layers of the skin, especially on the face, back, and shoulders.
The accumulated pus can be painful and makes the skin tender and itchy. But you should never scratch or squeeze cysts because the infection will spread into nearby tissue if they rupture. Swollen, pustules and cysts typically appear on the skin of sufferers and are unsightly. The red, inflamed scars may be visible for years before slowly fading away. In some people, they become permanent.
Genetics largely determines whether or not you get cystic acne. For instance, your sebaceous glands may have a genetic tendency to manufacture extra oil if you have a hormonal imbalance. That excess oil clogs up pores in the skin, producing perfect conditions for bacteria. An imbalance of hormones can be caused by:
- Toxins made by bacteria in the body
- Stress brought on by things like a lack of sleep or fear (stress causes the adrenal glands to produce a hormone called cortisol that stimulates the sebaceous glands).
- Allergic reactions to chemicals in various drugs and cosmetics
- Alcohol, beverages containing caffeine, and foods with lots of histamines (e.g. cheese, red wine, bacon, and yogurt).
- Life cycle changes such as the onset of puberty when the body starts manufacturing male sex hormones.
Your internal acne environment is clearly a very complicated place. An effective cure for cystic acne therefore has to be comprehensive and versatile. It needs to:
- Be capable of neutralizing all the underlying causes of your acne
- Quickly restore and permanently maintain your body’s natural internal balance
- Work on all parts of the body, especially the face and shoulders where acne can be particularly severe
- Be realistic, and easy to incorporate in your current lifestyle
- Be straightforward and follow a logical, well-organized format
- Be easily customized into a strategy that satisfies your body’s unique requirements.
- Provide ongoing counseling and support from knowledgeable health experts
The holistic approach is the best way to get rid of cystic acne. A safe, natural alternative, it has cured many people of stubborn acne. It doesn’t resort to costly drugs or creams, and will make you look better, feel better, and give back your self-esteem and confidence. Most important, you can adapt it to fit your body’s unique requirements. This last characteristic of the holistic approach makes it truly effective against all types of acne on all parts of your body.